My betta has some swelling- what's the best course of action?

BilboMom

My betta Bilbo has some swelling/bloat behind his stomach area and I'm not sure what the best course of action is. I'm currently on my second dose of Kanaplex and I just started fasting him in case it's constipation related, though it's not his stomach, so I'm not sure. 

I'm thinking about salt, but seem to be reading a LOT of conflicting information about its use and if I should use aquarium salt vs epsom salt. He gets super stressed when I remove him from his tank,  so ideally I'd love to be able to treat him in there. 

20230519_224909.jpg

If it's constipation you want to do Epsom salt baths 1 table spoon for 1 gallon for no more than 15 minutes for 5 days as Epsom salt acts as a muscle relaxant to with constipation you can add  Epsom salt to his tank but it will raise your GH and I would feed daphnia or brine shrimp  they can help with the bloating @BilboMom

• Like 1

Looks like your starting to get some pineconing what I would suggest as you have done two course  of kanaplex is do a course of metroplex in food feeding a small amount twice a day for upto 3 weeks and do the Epsom salt baths as pineconing can be a sign of something internal going on like polycystic kidney disease or internal bacterial infection causing fluid buildup the salt will help reduce the fluid buildup @BilboMom

IMG_20230115_234815.jpg

IMG_20230115_234815.jpg