How do you keep plants alive inbetween tanks?

Context: I have an established tank with a lot of dwarf chain sword and I need to harvest it out. the tank, that this dwarf chainsword will be going in, will not be ready to be planted for another 2 weeks

question: what is a temporary solution to keep the harvested dwarf chainsword alive for two weeks? Tupperware? Light? Water? Ezgreen?

• Like 1

On 5/7/2023 at 9:13 AM, Kalin said:

Context: I have an established tank with a lot of dwarf chain sword and I need to harvest it out. the tank, that this dwarf chainsword will be going in, will not be ready to be planted for another 2 weeks

question: what is a temporary solution to keep the harvested dwarf chainsword alive for two weeks? Tupperware? Light? Water? Ezgreen?

Would it be possible to just let them float in the established tank? Otherwise I would put them in a container with some tank water and place it somewhere it can get some light. You could also use something like a HOB breeder box and just let them float in there https://www.amazon.com/Marina-Hang-On-Breeding-Box-Medium/dp/B005QRDDJ2/ref=sr_1_1?crid=14Y1FC7PV40D6&keywords=fluval%2Bbreeder%2Bbox%2Bsmall&qid=1683479758&sprefix=fluval%2Bbreeder%2Bbox%2Bsmal%2Caps%2C224&sr=8-1&th=1

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

On 5/7/2023 at 1:16 PM, Ninjoma said:

Would it be possible to just let them float in the established tank? Otherwise I would put them in a container with some tank water and place it somewhere it can get some light. You could also use something like a HOB breeder box and just let them float in there https://www.amazon.com/Marina-Hang-On-Breeding-Box-Medium/dp/B005QRDDJ2/ref=sr_1_1?crid=14Y1FC7PV40D6&keywords=fluval%2Bbreeder%2Bbox%2Bsmall&qid=1683479758&sprefix=fluval%2Bbreeder%2Bbox%2Bsmal%2Caps%2C224&sr=8-1&th=1

I have a 75 gal I have to disrupt so I can catch 14 rainbow shiners
4 wcmm & 2 yo-yo loaches which is going to be fun in that size 
of a tank so do you have any easy solution on how to do that ?

On 5/8/2023 at 3:38 AM, Flying fox 6523 said:

I have a 75 gal I have to disrupt so I can catch 14 rainbow shiners
4 wcmm & 2 yo-yo loaches which is going to be fun in that size 
of a tank so do you have any easy solution on how to do that ?

Unfortunately, not really. I did find this video helpful though for tips on catching fish. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/8/2023 at 11:43 AM, Ninjoma said:

Unfortunately, not really. I did find this video helpful though for tips on catching fish. 

From what I see that's not going to work with a 75 gal aquarium
& 20 fish all different breeds going all over the tank like crazy
but thank you for the suggestion & video.

On 5/8/2023 at 6:17 PM, Martin said:

I also vote to float the plants, but holy crap look at all that chain sword!  You have a shrimpy paradise in there!  Throw some in!

So the chain sword is going into a 59gal aquarium and the plan is to have red cherry shrimp and red chili rasboras in there. And one large stone.