Full guide to medicating with trio meds

TailFeather247

Hi everyone, I was hoping to get some help with treating my 36 gallon aquarium(planing on lowering the water level to 20 before meds) but Im a bit autistic and the YouTube videos and web page didn’t really help me. Due to my autism I need step by step instructions.

I understand I need to use 2 doses for each medicine but am I suppose to redose my aquarium during the 7 days(the ring movie lmao) or do I just leave it as it is. Also when it comes to the 30% water change, am I supposed to change the water again the next day or no? This question is also related to my previous question, when I need to redose in the next 2 weeks should I change my water before or does that matter?

Before walking through this, I have three questions:

(1) Can you please explain what symptoms of illness your fish have?

(2) Exactly what fish are you treating?

(3) Why are you planning to dose the med trio?

Unless you have a compelling reason, you may not need to do this at all. 

I never treated my fish when I got them. They seem to be very itchy and I’ve treated them before with api parasite before and it didn’t help. I’ve had a few mollies die from what I assume is wasting disease as they start to go in circles and can’t seem to stop themselves. I want to treat the whole tank since I’ve never really quarantined them

I never treated my fish when I got them. They seem to be very itchy and I’ve treated them before with api parasite before and it didn’t help. I’ve had a few mollies die from what I assume is wasting disease as they start to go in circles and can’t seem to stop themselves. I want to treat the whole tank since I’ve never really quarantined them. Also I have 2 adult rosy minnows, 2 ballon mollies, 6-7 black neon tetra(they are my hardiest fish), 6-7 panda corydora, and 1 bristle nose pleco.

• Administrators

What are your water parameters? Your mixing fish that like very hard water(the mollies) and fish that want softer water(everything else). My guess is that the mollies didn't do well from the water parameters. If you don't have active infections of bacterial or Ich. I'd start with only doing paracleanse for a week, rest the fish for two week and then do paracleanse again. This would take care of internal worms that are common.

From there I'd treat if there were other symptoms, however this would be after making sure the enviornement in the tank is suitable.

My test strips say that my water is hard from in between 150 and 300,

kh is 80

ph is in between 7.2 and 7.8

nitrate is 20

nitrite is in between 0 and 0.5

My tank is due for a water change which I will probably do today about 20% and and the same the next day I have white sand and plants in there that need cleaning though only the surface level.