Buying new tank

Nana Finopolis

I bought a marine land 75G from PETCO and it’s been up and running for a year with no issues.

I think the key it to make sure all the seals look uniform and smooth when you unbox it.  And do a water test in your backyard at the same time. If it holds water, it should be good.

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to respond. I feel better now. My 40B is the largest aqueon I have bought from Petco. I think I'll give it a go. I really can't use the cube tank (though I think they're gorgeous) because I'm setting it up for the denison barbs and they need the length.

On 4/11/2023 at 11:12 AM, Nana Finopolis said:

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to respond. I feel better now. My 40B is the largest aqueon I have bought from Petco. I think I'll give it a go. I really can't use the cube tank (though I think they're gorgeous) because I'm setting it up for the denison barbs and they need the length.

Ah yes I remember that post! Yeah I don’t think you can go wrong with either the 55 or 75. I’m unsure if they still offer either in the $1 per gallon sale.

I am not sure where this fear has come from over the quality of larger aqueons. But I don’t think it’s warranted. It appears there was a bout of front seal failures in a batch of aqueons in 2019. But that’s all I can find.

• Like 2