Do Canadian Members get the same benefits as US members ?

Randy Steelrock

Hey guys I'm finally in a position to become a member on YouTube ,but I'm just wondering since I'm Canadian,do I get to enjoy all the benefits associated with the membership such as discounts on merch or damaged goods.

I only have 1 place to purchase from Aquarium Co-Op and that's from April's Aquarium in BC.

Would I have to prove I'm a member to them to get a member discount if applicable?

Thanks everyone and happy fish keeping!

Edited by Randy Steelrock

Honestly, the biggest perk for me is getting to see the members only videos and the monthly speakers that the co-op has. I have only ever got to watch one or two live, but you can pull them up and watch at any time. Since you can't order online from the coop being in Canada, you miss out on that discount, but hopefully the store near you that carries their products will give you the discount. I know the two stores that I go to that carry the products give the discount to me. They will probably ask you to show them, but its really easy to how on your phone in the YouTube app.

• Thanks 1

You make a valid point !

I have to agree that the small monthly fee is totally a bargain on all the information and videos that have been collecting on the channel.  You've sold me on it honestly.  If more perks happen for Canadians while being a member than it's a bonus! I'm excited now for the videos I'll have access to.

Thanks Andy!

On 3/20/2023 at 2:24 PM, Andy's Fish Den said:

Honestly, the biggest perk for me is getting to see the members only videos and the monthly speakers that the co-op has. I have only ever got to watch one or two live, but you can pull them up and watch at any time. Since you can't order online from the coop being in Canada, you miss out on that discount, but hopefully the store near you that carries their products will give you the discount. I know the two stores that I go to that carry the products give the discount to me. They will probably ask you to show them, but its really easy to how on your phone in the YouTube app.

• Administrators

International Benefits are a challenge. Its no secret that people in the USA where our main business get a few more perks. That being said there are some other benefits. Like you can download the shrimp posters from our members only item section on the website after you sync. I've given away shirts and hats and such in Germany and the Netherlands at events to members. Same would happen when I do a show in Canada.

We hope that over time we find more ways to do international benefits. That being said it is difficult but that doesn't mean we don't try to think of new ways to make it worth your while outside of the speakers.

On 3/22/2023 at 9:13 PM, Cory said:

International Benefits are a challenge. Its no secret that people in the USA where our main business get a few more perks. That being said there are some other benefits. Like you can download the shrimp posters from our members only item section on the website after you sync. I've given away shirts and hats and such in Germany and the Netherlands at events to members. Same would happen when I do a show in Canada.

We hope that over time we find more ways to do international benefits. That being said it is difficult but that doesn't mean we don't try to think of new ways to make it worth your while outside of the speakers.

Thank you very much for the reply Cory,very appreciated! 

I've made the realization and others have helped aswell,that while I may not get full access to every perk, the membership videos alone are gunna be worth the fee by a landslide. Aswell if my fees help the coop succeed ,which should in turn help the coop expand its reach to international nerms than it's a no-brainer.

I'll be signing up as I respect and admire what you've done (aswell as the entire team) for the aquarium hobbyist around the world. As well as giving alot of them a trusted company to rely on for any aquaria.

Much love!

• Love 1