Desk Tank Safety

Cinnebuns

First of all, forgive the mess in the pics lol

I used to spend a lot of my time facing my tanks. Ever since I started playing wow again and spending a lot of time on the computer, I don't anymore. I've considered just turning the desk to face the tanks, but that also would take up more space. That's how my desk used to be so I might try it but idk. 

Another idea is to get a small tank on the desk I can watch. The concern there is safety of the electronic equipment. I did have a 4 gallon half-moon sitting there for several months without issues but 1.  It only takes 1 issue for a bad time and 2.  It was only ramshorn snails and I rarely of ever did maintenance. 

So, what do you think?  Is there a way to safely put a tank on this desk?  Maybe on the right side over the stinky box?  Yes, I sit next to a litter box all day lol

20230316_000214.jpg

20230316_000208.jpg

20230316_000224.jpg

I believe it's 4 gallons it may be 5 idk. Here's 2 pics of it size wise on each side. Things can be moved better obviously. I also do have smaller tanks but smaller tank issues things. 

20230316_000938.jpg

20230316_000922.jpg

What about on top of the bookcase and move the PC tower behind the monitor?

On 3/15/2023 at 10:08 PM, Cinnebuns said:

Yes, I sit next to a litter box all day lol

Moving that somewhere if you can would really help. As someone with asthma, the litterbox was never my friend and I was always forced to be around it much more than I'd like to have been. (Was in my bathroom in the house)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 3/16/2023 at 12:33 AM, nabokovfan87 said:

Moving that somewhere if you can would really help.

I have 2 litter boxes and 6 fish tanks in a small 1 bedroom apartment. There isn't a lot of options. I probably could arrange things better but tbh idk how. 

• Sad 1

A sheet of plywood could expand the desktop or just the back half of the desk top.  A vertical "leg" would allow you to extend the desktop to the left to the bookcase, and support the extra weight.  A little paint or stain, and you would barely know the difference.  Alternatively, as I do, a wifi camera allows you watch the fish on your monitor from anywhere 

I think it would be safe on the right side of the desk as long as you do a drip loop. I would just make sure it isn't directly above your computer. Another option would be to put a tiny table the same dimensions as the tank to the right of the desk over or next to the litter box.

I would reorganize everything there. Put the cat litter in a cat litter cabinet like: 

Then place the tank on the cabinet (make sure it is able to handle the weight, it should be if it can handle a cat and litter). 

Screenshot2023-03-16at10_52_53AM.png.8f58816050ea3c401f4cb6ca9e1f22cc.png

Edited by Miska
Won't upload photo correctly