Cloudy eyes on goldfish

EVoyager31

Hello! One of my goldfish has cloudy eyes.. seems to have come out of no where. Water quality is good, parameters are normal, and I'm not sure what happened to him. Its in both eyes at about the same severity.

What I really need to know: What do I use to treat and is it contagious? He is sitting in my hospital tank right now but i need to know if the other fish in his home tank need to go ahead and be treated for preventative purposes as well?

Thanks,

IMG_6033.jpg

On 3/6/2023 at 2:45 PM, Colu said:

What are your water parameters ammonia nitrite nitrate etc as most cases of cloudy eye are caused by poor water quality it could also be an injury to the eye

ammonia 0 nitrites 0 nitrates 20 (easy green for a couple plants I have in there), very well established healthy tank with 0 issues thus far.

I do have rocks in there.. but I have a hard time believing he knocked into them and that is the cause considering he is the only one who has this issue and it is in both eyes.

On 3/6/2023 at 7:48 PM, EVoyager31 said:

ammonia 0 nitrites 0 nitrates 20 (easy green for a couple plants I have in there), very well established healthy tank with 0 issues thus far.

I do have rocks in there.. but I have a hard time believing he knocked into them and that is the cause considering he is the only one who has this issue and it is in both eyes.

Your water parameters are fine it's not uncommon for goldfish to get spooked and to swim into something in the tank if it's an injury it will just  need time to heal if you don't have live plants I would treat with aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 2 gallons for a week 

Edited by Colu