Competition: Snail Needs A Name!

Theplatymaster

I have just got a new mystery snail, its healthy and everything, but one thing is wrong, it is UNNAMED.

So here are the terms of the contest:

1. Comment with your idea to enter
  2.  i am the judge
  3. Winner can put "Namer of [insert winning snail name here]" in their signature if the want too. (i know someone will make a joke about a snail being named insert winning snail name here)
  4. have fun, thats it!
  5. Snail's sex is unknown so names of all genders will be accepted.

2023-03-05-132910.jpg.08b392c764190f10c27230b6e6839cf0.jpg2023-03-05-132916.jpg.71c6353eea0b656577cb2ee607778d85.jpg

@Chick-In-Of-TheSea

@ everyone that likes mystery snails!

Edited by Theplatymaster

On 3/5/2023 at 1:42 PM, Lennie said:

Is that a black mystery snail( dark brown striped shell- black foot)? It is hard to see

that could be it, the shell looks different based on the lighting. it looked purple earlier, now it looks brown.

On 3/5/2023 at 1:42 PM, Lennie said:

Ey! new friend 🙂

yeah, ive wanted one for the behaviours not really the looks, so the color doesnt really matter to me (unless id breed them for some genetic experiments of my own, but i only have one).

update: Zuchini has been added for the snail, its not interested, yet, but i just added it... (the rock is to prevent floating):

2023-03-05-134916.jpg.0736673772ab1f63cc68b85db9efe03f.jpg

Edited by Theplatymaster

On 3/5/2023 at 9:44 PM, Theplatymaster said:

yeah, ive wanted one for the behaviours not really the looks, so the color doesnt really matter to me

Definitely. People don't choose their friends based on their look, right ;D Some do have a color tone between brown and purple. They all come with amazing colors really.

I personally like light colored foot much more, but when I saw Rick(my blue shell black foot one), he climbed to glass and stayed there with me during the whole time I was at my LFS :D. I like some sort of bonding moments happening. Probably I am just making it up on my mind, but still 😄

I will share my name idea if I get any

On 3/5/2023 at 1:51 PM, Lennie said:

I personally like light colored foot much more, but when I saw Rick(my blue shell black foot one), he climbed to glass and stayed there with me during the whole time I was at my LFS :D. I like some sort of bonding moments happening. Probably I am just making it up on my mind, but still 😄

there was a blue one i wanted, but it wasnt really moving so i decided it was safer to skip it.

i can enter my own contest, why not?

Batman or Batmoblie

Black with small bits of yellow, and its a MYSTERY snail, also big and durable but slow

just like Batman (though ill probably come up with a better name soon).

im liking Batmobile.

Edited by Theplatymaster
  • Haha 1

On 3/6/2023 at 2:59 PM, Theplatymaster said:

im not sure.

depending on the lighting it looks different.

@Lennie has suggested that it is a black mystery snail, which makes sense, so i think thats what it is.

Maybe your water parameters and good care make it more definite. Cause I've seen some cases where they look brownish/black, but new growth was purple.

like these:

Purple Mystery Snails (Pomacea bridgesii) - Aquatic Arts on sale today for  $ 7.99 |

Purple Mystery Snails (Pomacea Bridgesii) | Windy City Aquariums

Black mystery snail is actually purple! : r/Aquariums

Also seem like light plays a role as well

On 3/6/2023 at 7:05 AM, Lennie said:

Maybe your water parameters and good care make it more definite. Cause I've seen some cases where they look brownish/black, but new growth was purple.

like these:

Purple Mystery Snails (Pomacea bridgesii) - Aquatic Arts on sale today for  $ 7.99 |

Black mystery snail is actually purple! : r/Aquariums

Also seem like light plays a role as well

ill have to see as i have it then.

its not too colorful right now, but if it was purple that would be pretty cool.

@Lennieyou may be right, considering that the spiral thing on the snail is purple:

2023-03-06-071247.jpg.e1994acf36dd25fcb6a3c8abd56b479d.jpg

On 3/6/2023 at 8:18 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

The pet stores don’t really give good nutrition to the snails also, so their shells may be dull when you first get them. As @Lennie mentioned

ill be feeding it things like Veggies, Algae Wafers, and Crab Cuisine. as well as various other fish foods.

already its been eating Hikari Mini Algae Wafer and Hikari Crab Cuisine.

Edited by Theplatymaster
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2023 at 11:53 PM, Theplatymaster said:

I have just got a new mystery snail, its healthy and everything, but one thing is wrong, it is UNNAMED.

So here are the terms of the contest:

1. Comment with your idea to enter
  2.  i am the judge
  3. Winner can put "Namer of [insert winning snail name here]" in their signature if the want too. (i know someone will make a joke about a snail being named insert winning snail name here)
  4. have fun, thats it!
  5. Snail's sex is unknown so names of all genders will be accepted.

2023-03-05-132910.jpg.08b392c764190f10c27230b6e6839cf0.jpg2023-03-05-132916.jpg.71c6353eea0b656577cb2ee607778d85.jpg

@Chick-In-Of-TheSea

@ everyone that likes mystery snails!

Looks cute. I will suggest cattleya. You may find the best online essay writers at https://www.topwritersreview.com/reviews/essayace/ if you're looking for them. There, you may go through the best websites with reviews to choose the best essay writer.

Looks cute. I will suggest cattleya.

Edit: Sorry for the late reply :)

Edited by GrantWalls
  • Like 1