Hunting down Amano Shrimp

KeeganKeepsFish

Does anybody have any advice for finding Amano shrimp? I only need 3 or so to put in my 15 gallon. None of my local stores seem to have them and online ordering is obviously expensive with shipping plus you have to buy a minimum of 5 at most of the reliable places ive seen. Nothing on aquabid either. Any advice on hunting 2 or 3 of these guys down?

On 2/22/2023 at 11:59 AM, KeeganKeepsFish said:

Does anybody have any advice for finding Amano shrimp? I only need 3 or so to put in my 15 gallon. None of my local stores seem to have them and online ordering is obviously expensive with shipping plus you have to buy a minimum of 5 at most of the reliable places ive seen. Nothing on aquabid either. Any advice on hunting 2 or 3 of these guys down?

Did you try asking your shop to order some?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If you have other fish buddies in the area, you could get a group order together so that shipping isn't outrageous. Or as @Sleepy said, ask your LFS, or if there's a swap in your area you might find some. 

If you do get some, get a tight lid on that tank - they are escape artists! 

• Thanks 1

I bought some recently from aquaticarts.  I noticed they had a listing for 1 shrimp.  I got a 10pack.

Also, I wrote them once to ask if they could make a listing for 1 color mystery snails, they only had 3 or 5 packs, and I wanted to order 6 mystery snails in all different colors.  They replied that there was some kind of technical problem with the listings they were working on, and that they'd post the singles soon, which they did, but I had changed my mind and ordered the amanos.