Fluval 95g co2

Ohad

I got a similar model, 95g, not a fluval but another brand, but it worked all the same.

At the local fish store I got it from, they suggested leaving it on a bubble for 6 seconds and forgetting about it.

The drop checker does not even register CO2 ( which he warned me that would happen ).

These systems are tough to adjust for the exact bubble count. It's a lot of tweaking each time which is why he suggested leaving it on a low bubble count.

Does anyone have any experience with these things, and what is the best way to work with them?

Thank you 

I used one in my 29g tank for a while. I think I did somewhere between 1-3 bubbles per second. I would personally set it to at least .5 bubbles per second. Then, wait a day and see if you are getting a c02 reading on your drop checker at the end of the day before your lights turn off. If it is still too low, then the next day do a higher dose, etc.

Ultimately I ended up setting up a higher end system, because in order to get sufficient co2 with the fluval kit I had to replace the canisters a lot which was expensive.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2023 at 6:12 PM, Ninjoma said:

I used one in my 29g tank for a while. I think I did somewhere between 1-3 bubbles per second. I would personally set it to at least .5 bubbles per second. Then, wait a day and see if you are getting a c02 reading on your drop checker at the end of the day before your lights turn off. If it is still too low, then the next day do a higher dose, etc.

Ultimately I ended up setting up a higher end system, because in order to get sufficient co2 with the fluval kit I had to replace the canisters a lot which was expensive.

Did you turn it off at night? 

Thank you