Will it come back?

Hi All,

+1 for @Katherine & @JettsPapa, that plant is Water Wisteria (aka Hygrophila difformis).  As to "will it come back?" the answer is maybe if there are sufficient nutrients and moderate light.  It looks like it has been chewed on, any fish in that tank that like salads?  -Roy

Edited by Seattle_Aquarist
  • Like 1

It can but it will be a tough road, I'd give it a quick peroxide spray to kill the algae/debris on it, then float it and watch for new growth.  And as always (I believe) plants grow better in groups,  add more healthy plants to help it along.

It's floating! Has lots of roots! I bought wisteria and sprit same day, could be I mixed up what was what. I've never had live plants. I'm pretty sure it's just die off from diatoms, there's another bunch at other end of tank doing much better. Just put sword in behind it. Then the back of tank is Val and multiple types of Anubias in tank. Root tabs and easy green. Honestly I have plenty more in another tank just wanted to save it if possible. It's amazing stuff, every bit floats and grows roots! 

• Like 1

On 1/26/2023 at 11:49 AM, Seattle_Aquarist said:

Hi All,

+1 for @Katherine & @JettsPapa, that plant is Water Wisteria (aka Hygrophila difformis).  As to "will it come back?" the answer is maybe if there are sufficient nutrients and moderate light.  It looks like it has been chewed on, any fish in that tank that like salads?  -Roy

Besides the Val, lily, Anubias, what is that sprite or wisteria? The floaters roots wrapped around the lily, if you look at top of picture 😆

16748673605694701479650179958259.jpg

On 1/28/2023 at 8:06 AM, JGlidden said:

Thanks ! I'm new to live plants but loving them! 

As for fish nibbleing on plants, just be aware that in many cases fish advertised as plant safe, will take it out on your plants if under fed.