Aquariums 50% off @ petco

Up North

On 1/17/2023 at 12:47 PM, AllFishNoBrakes said:

@Gannon Made up your mind on what you’re doing with it, or just snatching it up while it’s cheap?!

Haven't made up my mind. Very tempted to break the bank and get a group of synodontis petricola. If the 29 gets too small for them eventually they would love life in my 125 gallon tank. As for what else in that tank? No idea haha. I ordered some more sieryu stone which was probably spending too much already and all my rock and equipment should be here by the end of the week and ill have it setup and then hopefully ill get some firm opinions on what to do with it. 

To my credit I might skip doing co2 due to the complication of it all and put that money towards this project. You have any projects?

On 1/17/2023 at 12:57 PM, PlaneFishGuy said:

Got my 75G...saving money to spend more money 

isnt that the truth lol :,)

On 1/17/2023 at 4:10 PM, AllFishNoBrakes said:

Unfortunately, I’m out of both space and time to add anything more. As of now, my community tanks are cruising right along and I hatch and raise out of them what I can. Right now I’m growing out some Panda Angels and some Cory’s. 

I’m wondering if just “Aqua gardening” could be a thing 😂

• Like 1

On 1/17/2023 at 3:10 PM, AllFishNoBrakes said:

Unfortunately, I’m out of both space and time to add anything more. As of now, my community tanks are cruising right along and I hatch and raise out of them what I can. Right now I’m growing out some Panda Angels and some Cory’s. 

I get that. I took down my two 5 gallon tanks to make room for a big one because of space. I'm sure my roommates wouldn't love me hogging up more space with this stuff. 

On 1/17/2023 at 2:58 PM, Gannon said:

I'm sure my roommates wouldn't love me hogging up more space with this stuff. 

I’m lucky in that my girlfriend already let me take over the entire house, lol. She’s trying to convince me to get another tank for “her” tank and I’m more like, let’s take this 10 gallon tank that will be empty soon and turn that into your tank, lol

• Like 1

On 1/17/2023 at 4:01 PM, AllFishNoBrakes said:

I’m lucky in that my girlfriend already let me take over the entire house, lol. She’s trying to convince me to get another tank for “her” tank and I’m more like, let’s take this 10 gallon tank that will be empty soon and turn that into your tank, lol

resourceful haha

• Like 1

On 1/17/2023 at 5:11 PM, Mynameisnobody said:

@Gannon No they aren’t. I wish they were. Even the 125 comes as a kit and I hate it. If the 125 was part of the sale, my house would be filled with 125’s. 

I have the "topfin" ( really aqueon ) 125 kit. The stand sucked and I replaced it, the lids are worse, and the tank itself scratches all the time. Its a bit of a problem child of a tank. I would never get the kit if I did it all again.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2023 at 5:30 PM, Mynameisnobody said:

@Gannon Exactly my point. If they were to sell the 125 at around $250 tank only for the sale, I’d be all about it. But as long as it comes in that kit, I’m not interested. I just purchased a used 180 that needs a bit of work, but still a better bargain than that kit is. We live, we learn. 

Congrats on the 180! Hope you keep some amazing things in there!

• Thanks 1