COOP plants in Discus temps?

Trailblazur

Probably depends a bit on the different kind of plants. "The plants on aquarium coop" is kind of a big range.

I've seen a lot of planted Discus tanks so there are def plants around that should be able to handle the temps.
So i think best way to go is to check out what plants you like and go from there in checking if they are able to handle the temps.
But i think you will be fine with a lot of them.

• Thanks 1

On 1/16/2023 at 6:39 PM, Remi de Groot said:

Probably depends a bit on the different kind of plants. "The plants on aquarium coop" is kind of a big range.

I've seen a lot of planted Discus tanks so there are def plants around that should be able to handle the temps.
So i think best way to go is to check out what plants you like and go from there in checking if they are able to handle the temps.
But i think you will be fine with a lot of them.

Java Fern, Anubias, Crypts, Scarlet Temple

🤙🏻🔥🤩🎉👍🏻

I've seen a lot of Java Fern and Anubias in Discus tanks. So that shouldn't be a proublem.
I don't have to much experience with the other 2, but i think they should be fine as well.

To be honest all my planting is just -
Try - Works out - Sweet, let's use this in all my aquariums
or
Try - Fail - Try again in another set-up - Fail again - Never touching this plant again

Over time you will find your favorite plants that way.
Not only in what works for you to keep alive, but also what you can handle in maintenance.

I started with aquascapes full with different plants and a lot of them stam plants.
Just don't like maintenance of the stamplants at all (cutting, replanting etc).
So i threw them all out and only using easier plants like anubias, java fern etc now.
In the end an 'easy aquascape' looks better then a 'this used to be a great aquascape before i started losing interest in maintenancing it aquascape'.

• Haha 1

On 1/16/2023 at 8:21 PM, Remi de Groot said:

I've seen a lot of Java Fern and Anubias in Discus tanks. So that shouldn't be a proublem.
I don't have to much experience with the other 2, but i think they should be fine as well.

To be honest all my planting is just -
Try - Works out - Sweet, let's use this in all my aquariums
or
Try - Fail - Try again in another set-up - Fail again - Never touching this plant again

Over time you will find your favorite plants that way.
Not only in what works for you to keep alive, but also what you can handle in maintenance.

I started with aquascapes full with different plants and a lot of them stam plants.
Just don't like maintenance of the stamplants at all (cutting, replanting etc).
So i threw them all out and only using easier plants like anubias, java fern etc now.
In the end an 'easy aquascape' looks better then a 'this used to be a great aquascape before i started losing interest in maintenancing it aquascape'.

Great points all around 🤣

What are your thoughts on Crypts?

Edited by Trailblazur