Cracked shell or growth lines?

Confetto

First, Thank all of you for the previous snail advice & information y'all have given me thus far. My crash course in snail-hood continues.

Full disclosure: my snail enjoys paragliding across my tank on the frogbit like Mary Poppins and lets go... Quite often. He also climbs up the heater and drops off - not provoked or startled. The distance is 6-7 inches.

I noticed today that Zamboni's shell looks different from when I brought him home. There's a vertical line and a horizontal ridge that wasn't on him. Is this shell growth or a BASE jumping injury?

I took him out and checked his shell and it doesn't seem broken. Do I have cause for concern? IMG_20230111_173055594.jpg.f00694e5a6659307cf2363861f0f8cb4.jpgIMG_20230111_173256085.jpg.5ce6cc910cdfe77837bd1ca68474044a.jpg

This photo is fron 12.29 when I got him.

IMG_20221229_102555073.jpg

How long ago did you bring him home?  These appear to me to be a growth line between the tank he was in before and now your tank. Their shells grow differently in different conditions which causes this. It's nothing to be concerned about. 

Here's one of my nerites with a very obvious one. 

20230102_172904.jpg

• Like 1

If they were not getting enough to eat or enough calcium in their diet then come home to you giving them excellent care they grow crazy fast. Sometimes it seems like they grow every day.  By the scraggly line versus a straight line seam it appears this little one may have not been getting enough dietary calcium. It is indeed a transition line from changing water parameters and nothing to be concerned over. 

His new shell is a bit translucent. Especially in younger growth phases they need an amazing amount of dietary calcium to keep up with quick growth. I would add more dietary calcium for sure. 

• Like 1