Corydoras/fish ID help please!

Howfie_03

I rescued a super neglected 20 long today and these 2 corys and some other fish I can identify were in it. They’re vastly different in size but look similar. Anyone know what these are? I want to rehome them to someone with a school already but don’t know what to call them in my local groups. 

edit to add: they’re currently in a quarantine tank while I breakdown the 20 long to start over. 

15A6B2E3-9638-46CC-97EB-5DBF0FE43B5F.jpeg

113F7738-1DB9-42A9-B335-981DE1538DFE.jpeg

Edited by Howfie_03

On 1/7/2023 at 4:29 PM, Howfie_03 said:

I rescued a super neglected 20 long today and these 2 corys and some other fish I can identify were in it. They’re vastly different in size but look similar. Anyone know what these are? I want to rehome them to someone with a school already but don’t know what to call them in my local groups. 

edit to add: they’re currently in a quarantine tank while I breakdown the 20 long to start over. 

15A6B2E3-9638-46CC-97EB-5DBF0FE43B5F.jpeg

113F7738-1DB9-42A9-B335-981DE1538DFE.jpeg

Could it be a bronze cory? 

On 1/7/2023 at 4:34 PM, Ninjoma said:

Could it be a bronze cory? 

Maybe? Haha so many corys look similar and I truly don’t know. They don’t have the bronze sheen that I can see anyway. Do the two photos look like the same type of Cory to you? The first picture is easily double the size of the second fish but I think they look the same otherwise? She swears all the fish have been there for over a year so it’s not like one is a baby or something. 

On 1/7/2023 at 4:37 PM, Howfie_03 said:

Maybe? Haha so many corys look similar and I truly don’t know. They don’t have the bronze sheen that I can see anyway. Do the two photos look like the same type of Cory to you? The first picture is easily double the size of the second fish but I think they look the same otherwise? She swears all the fish have been there for over a year so it’s not like one is a baby or something. 

They look like the same type to me. I would guess the larger one is female and the smaller one is male. 

Kind of looks like mine in terms of the pattern / shape.  Not mine in particular, but simply that it's similar patterning.

These are the normal form of mine.... aka "Gold Flash" or "Gold Stripe" Corydoras.  You're looking at something from Lineage 7 I think. 

Corydoras (lineage 7) schultzei

This one is Aenus for comparison, where that black band across the side is a little bit narrowed:
https://www.planetcatfish.com/common/species.php?task=&species_id=51
Corydoras (lineage 7) aeneus

Given that feature, as well as other chiming in that's a pretty solid ID for me.  It also looks a bit like this one, but the mouth is a different shape.
Corydoras (lineage 7) sp. (Cw093)

Edited by nabokovfan87
  • Like 1