Cardinas and Neocardinas living together mass hysteria

Tedrock

Cardinas and Neocardinas living together mass hysteria! No really, can this co habitation exist in Cardinia conditions and both species breed?  What has been your such success?  

Many thanks, 

Tedrock

A38AE74B-B85B-4498-A467-B7908C156EC3.png

Edited by Tedrock

I haven't tried it (I have rock hard high pH water), and don't plan to.  I've corresponded with one or two very experienced shrimp keepers who say that the overlap between parameters is so narrow that it's very difficult to make it work.  At least one of them tried for a while and eventually gave up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Only Caridina shrimp i know of that seem to be a bit more hardy are the Crystal Reds/Blacks.
They seem to be able to live in water with a bit higher PH and KH. The other way around i haven't seen yet.

Here (Netherlands) some strains are kept in tap water (so higher in GH and KH) and are doing ok'ish.
Especially if they are born in this conditions. But they won't breed as much, have more deaths and in my opinion don't color up as nice as well.

I tried a group like that once a few years ago, but they didn't survive for to long.
Not sure if it was the water parameters though or the hot summer and lack of oxygen back then.

On 1/5/2023 at 4:16 PM, Tedrock said:

My project is raising red cherry neos in Cardinia perimeters.  The Cardinia shrimp are red crystals.  So far all is going well.

Would you mind going into a little further detail on the parameters and any other details? I'm planning a shrimp tank soon and am trying to get as much "real world" info as I can.