Pogostemon Stellatus Octopus???

Happy new year to you all

I'm hoping there are some plant experts in as I picked up some Pogostemon Stellatus from my LFS from the bargain bin.

To my eye it looks like Octopus variety but the label just says Pogostemon Stellatus

A google search tells me that it requires CO2 where as Octopus doesn't. From the images on the web standard PS appears to have more needle like leaves?

PSO.jpg.2795e612f22cb790c28a0ff0e58cbd59.jpg

Hi, to the best of my knowledge "octopus" is the same plant as one labelled without it although I could be wrong. When I had the plant as ACO sells it, it definitely did not need CO2 to grow like a weed throughout my tank. Those look like the emersed grown leaves to me, so I would expect them to melt before the thinner leaves you mentioned grow in. Good luck!

Edited by FlyingFishKeeper

Thanks both, I think I'm just going to have to wait for it to convert and see what happens.

Google is telling me that Octopus is a separate sub species that is really easy to grow in low tech aquariums, where as straight PS needs high light and CO2

Luckily I got the plant on clearance so no huge loss if it doesn't make it in my low tech tank I suppose

I'm currently looking for a nice 10 gallon long for my chili rasboras and planning on adding a layer of aqua soil (too lazy/forgetful for root tabs) under a fine gravel substrate so it will have the best chance to thrive I guess