Deffuser cleaning

JoeQ

Thanks,

I'm about to buy another,  just waiting for Monday so the order isn't sitting at the post office over the weekend. Ideally someone has some ideas other than bleach, I've seen peroxide used on YouTube but IMO none of them videos have been from a reputable source.

On 12/29/2022 at 8:23 AM, Mmiller2001 said:

I use a 1:1 bleach water solution for 3 hours. Then rinse and let dry. I use gloves so I leave no oils behind. It should be cleaned when you start seeing any build up on it or every 3 weeks. I also have multiple diffusers so I can swap it while cleaning the dirty one.

I use the same thing, I can have it clean by the time the tank is done with it's water change.  The issue being some diffusers hold in water.  This is what I do.

You go through a lot of dechlorinator this way, but it is what it is.  I try to clean it when it needs it, and try to keep the algae on the diffuser from forming.  Easier said than done.  I would imagine this is a great use of safe too because it's just going to always be a small scoop and let a pump run or something for a second.

• Like 1