Help With Plant ID

On 12/26/2022 at 8:11 PM, Root said:

Here are some pictures I found on the web. It likes moderate to high light and is super fast-growing. 

9A7876B8-B3B0-4A6D-9839-C60FD62A7B32.jpeg

49EA39DF-B100-4208-A549-89BABAD76F2D.jpeg

0h wow, it’s kind of pretty. I just read it’s also invasive in the wild, so if I decide I don’t like it, I’ll have to be extra careful in disposing of it. Might as well see how it grows in my tank.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2022 at 12:44 PM, JoeQ said:

I belive that's a torn up stem of Anacharis

And we have a correct answer !!!! You get the gold star ! Also it prefers to float; i suppose you can plant it but it loves to float and it will take over the entire tank and strangle every other plant in the aquarium and then it will go after the fishes; and if you put your finger in and leave it there fore a week; it'll go after your finger.... It loves to grow and grab everything around. I put a tiny little itsy bit in my swordtail aquarium and by midterm the mom could no longer find her frys to chase after.... and we ended up with gobs and gobs of swordtails since this plant hid all the frys. 

• Haha 2

On 12/27/2022 at 3:32 PM, anewbie said:

And we have a correct answer !!!! You get the gold star ! Also it prefers to float; i suppose you can plant it but it loves to float and it will take over the entire tank and strangle every other plant in the aquarium and then it will go after the fishes; and if you put your finger in and leave it there fore a week; it'll go after your finger.... It loves to grow and grab everything around. I put a tiny little itsy bit in my swordtail aquarium and by midterm the mom could no longer find her frys to chase after.... and we ended up with gobs and gobs of swordtails since this plant hid all the frys. 

So this should be fun, is what you’re telling me 😂

• Like 1