How to tell if my hillstream loach is eating

Nebula

Gotta new hillstream loach for my 20 gallon long with 6 Odessa Barbs the barbs have been in the tank for around a year or so and haven’t bothered the loach at all. When it’s feeding time they gather at the top and do their usual frenzy. I drop a pellet in elsewhere and while they sometimes peck it the barbs leave it alone. I have yet to see the hillstream loach actually munch on the wafer but it’s always gone later. If any of y’all have tips for me to be sure my new guys is happy and healthy that would be great. He moves around the tank throughout the day almost never moves when I’m there just vibes along the walls and my plants. 

Try turning off the filter for 20 minutes, then feed in some frozen food.  You should see the fish go in search of some that sinks to the bottom and would be an indication that the animal is doing perfectly fine and has a healthy appetite.  That's usually how i feed my frozen stuff.

In general, with the loaches like that, you can try sticking tabs to the glass too if that's where they hang out.  You should be able to also do that with some frozen foods or repashy and get it to leave enough residue for the loach to feed on.

I tend to observer them and usually just see them grazing.  Feel free to take a video, I'd love to see your loach do it's thing!  I miss mine, haven't had one in years. 😞