Asian rummynose sawbwa resplendens

Mattyd123

Hey everyone new UK member here! 

I have recently picked up 23 asian rummynose from my lfs (sawbwa resplendens) for my 300 litre (80gallon) community tank, they are currently in my 10 gallon quarantine tank And have been for 2 days and most seem to be doing well and are colouring up nicely.

About 3 of the females are veery skinny and i was thinking of pretreating them for possible internal parasites along with feeding good quality frozen foods such as daphnia and brine shrimp. Unfortunately i don’t have access to the Med trio here in England.

I was thinking of using ESHA NDX which is a levamisole based treatment where you treat once and then again 2 weeks later in order to kill any internal parasites that may be present 

However these are “scaleless fish” who supposedly don’t appreciate poor water quality, unfortunately they aren’t very common fish and so there is very little information on them online, does anybody here have experience with these fish or just general advice about them as i would love to know more about my little mates

Thanks guys and gals and just let me know if posted this in the wrong place 

Welcome to the forum! We need more UK members! I believe @Flumpweeseland @SC Fish are part of said community? Maybe they can help with the med portion. Pardon if I've got that wrong. We also have @Coluwho may be able to help with meds. 

Normally this would post in the disease section but no worries! Glad to have you on board, hopefully we can help you with your new fish. :-) 

• Like 1

Hi yes the more Brits the better but mainly just so I can talk in metric and during the day. 

I don't treat my fish in quarantine and (if I'm very honest) it depends where they are from and where they are going if I quarantine at all. 

When I do I mainly watch for good eating and healthy looking poo and only treat things if issues appear.  So sorry I've heard good things about the Esha range but (touch wood) I've not had need to use them yet.

If I was going to treat in your case I would separate the skinny fish and treat them maybe with half the recommend dose but the product might have instructions for scaleless fish. I wouldn't risk all 23 until in knew it safe just to be cautious. 

They sound like lovely fish though I had a read up on here which is site I normally start with on the what's that fish hunt.

https://www.fishkeeper.co.uk/help-and-advice/freshwater/cyprinids/asian-rummynose-naked-microrasbora-

• Like 1

That’s a good shout, could be a right game catching those 3 but I’ve got time to kill haha

The maidenhead aquatics website is really good for information! They seem to be one of the only websites that list stats like water hardness which for me is fairly important haha 

unfortunately the maidenhead aquatics near me is a little bit dicey, every tank has at least a few dying fish at the bottom 😬 so i tend to avoid the place 

yeah they’re really beautiful, surprised more people don’t keep them but I don’t think most even know they exist!