Condolences

Cinnebuns

I lost my powdered blue gourami a couple of days ago so it really stood out to me when YouTube suggested this video for me to watch:

It was really well done and heart filled. Sometimes in this hobby we lose so many it becomes "just another fish" but there is always those special ones that stick out and hit you more. This video shows he was a special one for you @Irene!  My condolences to you and good luck on your journey to decide what direction the tank goes in! I lost both my first breeding guppy and my powdered blue this week so i understand how 1 loss can push you in a different direction with your tank. I look forward to seeing what you decide. Ty for sharing some video of your beautiful powdered blue as well as all you share with the world!

• Like 1

Although they are amazingly beautiful fish, dwarf gourami are unfortunately not healthy fish. It's why I put off getting one for awhile but I had to give in eventually. I'm assuming this is why you probably lost yours. Inbreeding and genetic issues are common with them unfortunately. ❤

• Sad 1

Loosing fish is never easy. Especially when we do all we can to ensure their happiness and health. 

I lost 12 Cardinals and all 10 of my Rummynose over a period of 3 days.  Water parameters were all good.  No signs of any issues in the tank or with fish.  And all the rest of my fish are doing just fine months later.