Hello from Miami

Scaperoot

Hi everyone. I’m pretty new to the hobby. My wife’s had tanks for a couple yearsbut up until 4 months ago, I never scaped or invested much time into learning about various fish and plants. I started watching MD fish tanks on yt and felt inspired to start. I now have several freshwater tanks between 10 and 20 gallons, in addition to our original 40 gallon community tank which still has plastic plants (for now). We are keeping a Betta, Nerites, and CPD's in our forest tank, Ottos, Nerites and CPDs in the jungle tank, and Guppies in the beach tank. The 40 gal. community tank has everything from Mollys to Corys. I’m absorbing as much as I can so I can take good care of the fish and plants. I post regularly on IG (scaperoot), which is where I’ve found the most support so far. Reddit was rough lol. I’m looking forward to learning and sharing my love for the hobby. 

4BFA479E-23E9-4231-BEC3-A20A3BE6BFD8.jpeg

5D533ADA-0157-4B14-B356-974D54BE1342.jpeg

49A9DB6A-5185-4D79-920E-2A57A01FF29E.jpeg

Edited by Scaperoot
Forgot to list fish
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

On 11/29/2022 at 11:35 AM, Scaperoot said:

We are keeping a Betta, Nerites, and CPD's in our forest tank, Ottos, Nerites and CPDs in the jungle tank, and Guppies in the beach tank. The 40 gal. community tank has everything from Mollys to Corys. I’m absorbing as much as I can so I can take good care of the fish and plants. I post regularly on IG (scaperoot), which is where I’ve found the most support so far. Reddit was rough lol. I’m looking forward to learning and sharing my love for the hobby. 

Welcome!

Yeah compared to other communities, this place is much more supportive and informed. 

I like your idea of doing different themes for your tanks.