10 gallon black ram pair breeding tank ?

Leo2o915

If you're planning to allow parents to raise the fry, I'd consider some java moss. I will note that sometimes it just does not do well transferring from emerged to immersed . . . cold water to warm water . . . hard water to soft water . . . low light to high light . . . there are "a million ways" for Java moss "to die in the west."

Java fern is a nice staple, hardy plant. It can provide some cover. But it does not seem to provide as much context for microorganisms to grow on.

I have never tried breeding Black Rams, so I'm not sure if they're temperament really would suggest anything different from breeding normal GBRs. From what I've seen, Rams do well with clean, warm water and enough privacy to spawn. Dean made a nice video with Cory awhile back that just suggested a very lean setup...

• Like 1

On 11/23/2022 at 10:33 AM, Fish Folk said:

If you're planning to allow parents to raise the fry, I'd consider some java moss. I will note that sometimes it just does not do well transferring from emerged to immersed . . . cold water to warm water . . . hard water to soft water . . . low light to high light . . . there are "a million ways" for Java moss "to die in the west."

Java fern is a nice staple, hardy plant. It can provide some cover. But it does not seem to provide as much context for microorganisms to grow on.

I have never tried breeding Black Rams, so I'm not sure if they're temperament really would suggest anything different from breeding normal GBRs. From what I've seen, Rams do well with clean, warm water and enough privacy to spawn. Dean made a nice video with Cory awhile back that just suggested a very lean setup...

Thanks yeah saw that video but wanted to try planted and see if anyone had any ideas 

On 11/23/2022 at 9:42 AM, Leo2o915 said:

Want to set up a breeding black ram tank what plants will do good for them and the fry ? will have a coop sponge but want to know what else would do good to keep it cleaner and a lot of hiding places ? 

Currently also have two midnight pairs each in a 10 gallon. If you want some good plants, I recommend guppy grass, grows in any lighting, and provides cover for the rams.