Niche Nano Fish Question

Boca Betta

I have some chili rasboras in quarantine and they are tinier than I expected. They will be added to a 20 long with some pygmy cories in a few weeks. My question is, does anyone know the best way to net/catch these guys when their quarantine is over? I'm thinking take out the filter, heater, hides, etc., drain the tank low, and use two nets to catch them? Suggestions? These guys seem like they'll be hard to get. I've never received fish so tiny before, even my pygmy cories seem larger! 

• Like 1

On 11/8/2022 at 6:38 PM, anitstuk said:

I've tried to catch them during feeding time. I got some floating pellets to distract them and got them in a cup with some water. I always try to use cups more than nets since the nets sometimes destroy the fish's slimy coating. 

Thanks! Cups should work provided I take the hides and equipment out. I'll try this as yes, you are right nets can damage the slime coat. 

• Like 1

If your quarantine tank is decorated or planted, you might have a harder time grabbing the last few, they are quick, but not great swimmers. Two-net method should work fine, just make sure that you're not chasing them for a long time if you're having a hard time. Give them a break, and yourself one too!