Now I’m the PatientSpouse ™️

Patrick_G

On 11/1/2022 at 7:22 PM, lefty o said:

when i see a box labeled "grow light", funny but my mind doesnt instantly think normal house plants.😈

Haha! I used to grow orchids over a decade ago, before they were cool. They need grow lights to really show-off!  Everyone always made cannabis jokes.

@Patrick_GThe price of grow lights are exponentially cheaper now than 10 years ago. She's saving you money! 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 11/1/2022 at 7:36 PM, PerceptivePesce said:

Haha! I used to grow orchids over a decade ago, before they were cool. They need grow lights to really show-off!  Everyone always made cannabis jokes.

@Patrick_GThe price of grow lights are exponentially cheaper now than 10 years ago. She's saving you money! 🤣

My wife has several orchid plants on the windowsill above the kitchen sink (north facing window).  They do well and bloom frequently while being pretty much ignored.  Before she passed away it frustrated my mother-in-law to no end because hers would never bloom.

• Like 2

On 11/2/2022 at 8:35 AM, JettsPapa said:

My wife has several orchid plants on the windowsill above the kitchen sink (north facing window).  They do well and bloom frequently while being pretty much ignored.  Before she passed away it frustrated my mother-in-law to no end because hers would never bloom.

Memory eternal. 🙏

It could have been a drafty window?  I used a metal-halide bulb on my Blue Moutain orchid because they like heat during the day and cold at night.

It was a true blue, not dyed blue like some grocery store orchids. Of course, like most "blue" flowering plants, it was mostly purple.

On 11/2/2022 at 6:35 AM, JettsPapa said:

My wife has several orchid plants on the windowsill above the kitchen sink (north facing window).  They do well and bloom frequently while being pretty much ignored.  Before she passed away it frustrated my mother-in-law to no end because hers would never bloom

On 11/2/2022 at 7:32 AM, PerceptivePesce said:

It could have been a drafty window?  I used a metal-halide bulb on my Blue Moutain orchid because they like heat during the day and cold at night.

In our previous house my wife’s orchids would bloom with nothing more than standard orchid care, the lighting in that place was perfect. We always had 4-5 plants in bloom. In the current location we’re lucky if we have two plants in bloom at once. The little stick grow lights are an experiment. If they seem to be working I’ll probably help her rig up a nice looking suspended strip light

• Like 1

On 11/1/2022 at 5:22 PM, lefty o said:

when i see a box labeled "grow light", funny but my mind doesnt instantly think normal house plants.😈

Years ago we were trying to rent our house. An ernest young millennial couple came by to look at the place and fill out an application. Their income was fairly low and I pointed out that it would probably be difficult for them to make the rent each month. They explained that that would be no problem because they could use the second bedroom as a grow room! 😂 at least they were honest! Needless to say I didn’t rent the house to them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2