To many snails?

SugarBassJoe

Found a new stowaway in my standard 10G, a bluish Ramshorn snail. Quick question for any snail enthusiasts, is it possible to have to many species in an aquarium? This Ramshorn, which I'm sure will start making more if it hasn't already, its already about the size of a marble, will bring the snail species to 4, along with bladder snails, Malaysian trumpet snails, and a mystery snail in this one tank. Is there anything I should look out for or be weary of?

As long as there is enough to eat for your slower eaters like mystery snails. However ensuring they get enough will overpopulate the more prolific ones that reproduce to the amount of available food. 

your invasives will self regulate so no on the to many species however even those the fastest eaters will eventually outcompete the others. 

• Like 1

On 11/1/2022 at 11:11 AM, Joey1991 said:

Found a new stowaway in my standard 10G, a bluish Ramshorn snail. Quick question for any snail enthusiasts, is it possible to have to many species in an aquarium? This Ramshorn, which I'm sure will start making more if it hasn't already, its already about the size of a marble, will bring the snail species to 4, along with bladder snails, Malaysian trumpet snails, and a mystery snail in this one tank. Is there anything I should look out for or be weary of?

I have have a 5 gallon with lots of snails their population fluctuates a lot from a few to hundreds depending on the food availability, just make sure you provide ample calcium 

Thank you all, that tank always gets wonder shells for the mystery snail, but its also the least stocked so I don't feed to heavily. The mystery snail is my main concern, he's (i think its a he, never able to get a good look) the only one I intentionally put in, the rest are stowaways, Ill make feeding adjustments, maybe they'll help with hair algae too.