Oldie but Newbie

JJenna

Hi everyone, returning to the hobby after a 40 year hiatus (you know...kids, spouse, work first left little time for fish) and wow...I'm terrified of all the new things! Used to have 2 55 gal tanks for African Cichlids....had well water, only thing I ever did was water changes...and by dumb luck according to today's standards all my fish survived and thrived and had so many babies got into selling them back to the fish store to feed my habit. I'm hoping that these forums will allow me to stop looking at social media for my answers where everyone has an opinion but not much education going on otherwise. Currently in the house I have a 125 gal tank for a RES who has shrimp, danios, and mystery snails for tank mates (it's my daughter's tank). I hope this week to finally have my 40 gal breeder tank set up. I want to have a planted tank and stock with endlers, minnows, killifish and the like. I have found the most valuable information here at Aquarium Co-op, looking forward to learning a lot more from all of you. 

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum @JJenna! This is the perfect place to be. While you will get information about several different (and right) ways to do things this is a safe place to ask questions and get answers from many experienced fish keepers. I always tell people  to take in the advice and do what you think works best in the set up/situation you have and often you cannot go wrong!

• 2 weeks later...