New tank size suggestion

BlueLineAquaticsSC

I’ve been treating this piece of driftwood I collected for a while now (easy green bottle in picture for size reference). I had hoped it would fit in a 40B but it is about 1-2” to long on all sides (also about a foot to tall but I’m ok with that). Anyone know of any regular tank sizes that are a little longer and wider than a 40B that does not have braces?

884B07C4-100F-4941-9193-7DB0E1609DA1.jpeg

I believe a 75 gallon tank will be your best chance.  It's 12" longer and 5" taller than a 40 gallon breeder tank.  It's still 18" deep, but maybe you could cut a few inches off the back of your wood, where no one will see it?

Otherwise I believe you'd be looking at going up to 180 gallons (as far as I can tell that's the smallest standard size that's deeper than 18"), or getting one custom built to your specifications.

Edited by JettsPapa

Here is the dimensions sheet from Aqueon;
image.png.8304af659f5a04c7c10fc105f9dbe67b.png

A 55 , 75 does have braces. My guess would be that you're looking in the range of a 75G-->120G potentially and in either case I do think you're going to have a brace on all of those tanks.  I thing you can find a way to get the wood to fit and get it into the tank cohesively, but I do understand. 

Custom aquariums has metal, removeable braces for this type of a setup, so potentially that's a solution for you there.

On 10/27/2022 at 9:03 PM, BlueLineAquaticsSC said:

I’ve been treating this piece of driftwood I collected for a while now (easy green bottle in picture for size reference). I had hoped it would fit in a 40B but it is about 1-2” to long on all sides (also about a foot to tall but I’m ok with that). Anyone know of any regular tank sizes that are a little longer and wider than a 40B that does not have braces?

884B07C4-100F-4941-9193-7DB0E1609DA1.jpeg

That would be such a cool scape! Please post a picture once you're done.

Sorry I can't be of service🙂