Maintenance Day!

ricbennett3

Hello,

I’ve had fish tanks in one form or another since I was a wee lad, though I’d say my hobby evolved most in the last year or so, thanks to the great content on YouTube, and the discovery of Takashi Amano.

Thanks MD Tanks, KJ Tropicals, MJ Aquascaping, Prime Time, Aquarium Co-op, et al. 

I’m living away from home for the next 8-10 weeks, but get to come home one day a week for tank maintenance:) My “fish-sitter” is feeding every day or so, based on a schedule that was surprisingly challenging to come up with, as I usually adjust feeding and foods daily based on tank observations.

I have a few tanks running. Here are some pics of the tanks I worked on today. In the 20gallon, I counted 20+ baby blue dream shrimp!

FF0653E4-0124-4063-A6EC-D5EA40D6D1B2.jpeg

25E1FEFE-D07A-4265-8552-EA354F150A1A.jpeg

5BED4C7C-B808-4F8A-859B-70E7B4317B6A.png

• Love 3

Lovely tanks @ricbennett3! Hope you have a wonderful and trustworthy fish sitter! Good help is hard to find sometimes- so my tanks just don't get fed when I'm gone! It would be nice to have a decent helper around to feed them though. I have a wonky schedule too so my fish just have to put up with me. They seem to do ok so far. Anyway- great tanks!

Edited by xXInkedPhoenixX

On 10/22/2022 at 8:31 PM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

Lovely tanks @ricbennett3! Hope you have a wonderful and trustworthy fish sitter! Good help is hard to find sometimes- so my tanks just don't get fed when I'm gone! It would be nice to have a decent helper around to feed them though. I have a wonky schedule too so my fish just have to put up with me. They seem to do ok so far. Anyway- great tanks!

My sister is trying. She is doing a much better job of taking care of my house, dogs and daughter while I’m away. She is trying, and I’m grateful, but she knows nothing about fish. Maybe this experience will get her into it:)

• Like 1

On 10/22/2022 at 8:54 PM, CornAndCrawlers said:

stunning aquascaping, im currently obsessed with breeding setups but I look forward to one day just shifting entirely to aquascaping so I can look at tanks like yours all day.

Thanks! I’m really enjoying these, even though I sometimes drive myself crazy uprooting plants and messing things up trying to battle hair algae. I’ve wanted to try breeding as well, and sometimes think about having one show tank and a few breeders. Currently, my white clouds and blue shrimp shrimp breed like crazy, but I bet they’d do that in a bucket in the backyard, too:)

FBB181A0-E76B-44B9-AC34-47A3B2BDF556.png

8DEDB263-0348-48C3-A074-B7CB0E8D2016.jpeg

• Like 1