Corydora eggs

Kingfish

Welcome to the forums @Kingfish

What else is in the tank?

I've had plecos eat eggs, I'm sure I've had corydoras do the same as well.  Sometimes when you have a "good enough" spawn they tend to just leave them alone and they will either fungus or they aren't viable (you can usually tell by the opaqueness of the eggs).  I have also had eggs that were blown off the glass due to flow.  They could be moved for a variety of reasons, essentially. 

If you're running a sponge filter, I'd say something probably had a nibble.  This is not a big deal, and it is how fish work through the tank to find good spots to lay eggs.  If they don't get fry they will try another spot.  Mosses and plant balls tend to be their favorite place to lay.  If you have a heavily planted tank, I'm sure you'll see some fry.  Keep an eye out!

• Thanks 1

On 10/12/2022 at 2:19 AM, nabokovfan87 said:

Welcome to the forums @Kingfish

What else is in the tank?

I've had plecos eat eggs, I'm sure I've had corydoras do the same as well.  Sometimes when you have a "good enough" spawn they tend to just leave them alone and they will either fungus or they aren't viable (you can usually tell by the opaqueness of the eggs).  I have also had eggs that were blown off the glass due to flow.  They could be moved for a variety of reasons, essentially. 

If you're running a sponge filter, I'd say something probably had a nibble.  This is not a big deal, and it is how fish work through the tank to find good spots to lay eggs.  If they don't get fry they will try another spot.  Mosses and plant balls tend to be their favorite place to lay.  If you have a heavily planted tank, I'm sure you'll see some fry.  Keep an eye out!

Thanks much! 

• Like 1

How fast did they disappear?  If it took 2-3 days, then they likely hatched and you may have microcories running around.  If they were gone quicker than that, somebody had a nibble.  Some will eat their own eggs and some will not.  Other species will certainly eat the eggs depending on the species.