Semi-budget 40g Breeder Aquascape Journal

Schuyler

On 7/11/2024 at 8:56 PM, EricksonAquatics said:

Do you see your sparkling gourami much? I’ve heard they’re pretty shy. That’ll probably make it even harder to catch him out🙈

I see them often. I wouldn't say they are shy exactly more like just reserved. They stay at the edge of the plants mostly. Occasionally in the morning and evening they'll chase each other around. Then they'll also come and investigate if the guppies are acting like there is food but they don't try and compete for it, they'll mostly pick stuff off that falls to the side.

• Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

It was two years ago today that I let my kids but some fish... Boy I had no idea what I was getting into

The sparkling gourami seems to have recovered from the infection that caused his bulging eye. He's now eating again and he been back in the display tank for a few days.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

PXL_20240904_012005800.jpg.ae4380f10f73d6a50bdcc47f66bad20f.jpg

I did some cleanup and rearranging. The anubias in the middle was getting too big and actually branched it into three so I cut two of the branches and moved them.

My next change will be to remove the rock that is no longer visible there on the left and move the crypts over to where it was. That was it will be more symmetrical.

The sparkling gourami did end up losing his eye but he seems to be getting along fine without it.

Edited by Schuyler
  • Like 1
  • Love 1