Quiet Air Pump

BettaBabe94

On 10/5/2022 at 7:48 PM, BettaBabe94 said:

Any suggestions on an air pump that is good for a small bedroom tank?
Can’t beat the aquarium co-ops functionality, but that thing is WAY too loud for a bedroom. In regard to the nano one, yes it’s quiet, but it only works 25% of the time. 

tetra whisper works great and quiet

• Thanks 1

I have a tetra whisper 20 gallon. It's quiet, but it's not quiet enough for me. I have it stuffed in my closet with some clothes folded up on top of it. It's pretty much silent unless you're next to the closet door. The bubbles don't bother me so much, so I let the bubbles be louder than the air pump. However, I wish I could have it be completely silent, no bubbles or anything. 

Edited by Brenden Mitchell

On 10/5/2022 at 8:48 PM, BettaBabe94 said:

it only works 25% of the time. 

Could you elaborate on what you mean by 25% of the the time? Are you talking about working in general or the sound level? 

Also, if it’s just a single tank, you can always just use an actual water pump (submersible or HOB) if you want it to be near silent. 

On 10/5/2022 at 7:48 PM, BettaBabe94 said:

Any suggestions on an air pump that is good for a small bedroom tank?
Can’t beat the aquarium co-ops functionality, but that thing is WAY too loud for a bedroom. In regard to the nano one, yes it’s quiet, but it only works 25% of the time. 

I tried the nicrew mini air pump and that was pretty much silent.  it's a square shape looking one.  definitely far quieter than the tetra whisper air pump.

There can be still be some vibrational noise from the nicrew pump so you'll want it on something soft if that bothers you.

Nicrew UFO mini aquarium pump. Ultra quiet and looks like a oversize white egg. What more could you want? Single outlet and pushes a fair amount of air. Comes with tubing, an air stone, in line tee and check valve. Cost ~ $14 available in a double outlet configuration for $1 more. Love it! Best of luck with your choice - Cheers!