Help identifying disease - Columnaris? Fungus?

abigail

Hi everyone, I need help figuring out why this panda cory died. Pics attached. I noticed he had a fungus-y looking growth earlier today, pulled him out for quarantine and treated with ick x. A few hours later he passed. Can anyone help me figure out why and if this is fungus or columnaris (or something else)? Everyone else seems fine but I want to know if I should treat the whole tank. Thank you!

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by abigail

On 9/24/2022 at 8:21 PM, abigail said:

Hi everyone, I need help figuring out why this panda cory died. Pics attached. I noticed he had a fungus-y looking growth earlier today, pulled him out for quarantine and treated with ick x. A few hours later he passed. Can anyone help me figure out why and if this is fungus or columnaris (or something else)? Everyone else seems fine but I want to know if I should treat the whole tank. Thank you!

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

If I am correct that is red blotch disease. I also had that with my corydoras I recommend treating right away https://aquariumgravel.com/species/fish/corydora/red-blotch-disease-corydoras/

Looks more like an injury that that got a secondary fungal infection it possible something else is going what are your water parameters any other fish  showing any rapid breathing hanging near the surface listlessness not eating 

Edited by Colu

Thanks all for the advice. All other tankmates (glowlight tetras x7, mystery snail, oto x3, panda cory x2) are fine and eating. Just tested and PH was 6.8, temp 77, ammonia 0 and nitrites 0. 

I will definitely keep an eye on them for red blotch but I'm inclined to think injury now. Is it possible that corys will bully and injure each other? I originally got a school of 6 panda corys and within one night of getting them, 4 of them died because they had something bacterial and I wanted to wait until the morning to start med trio (big mistake). The 2 I have now are the remaining ones from the first batch. Since then I have tried twice on separate occasions to introduce a new cory and build out my school. Within a week, both of them were dead. This one (as you all know) from some kind of disease and the first one was missing half its tail. I noticed my existing two corys ignore the new one and sometimes also push the new one away when it tries to school with them. The two of them are very rambunctious and overall seem pretty happy. At this point, I think I may just let it be the two of them because I just cant seem to keep pandas alive.