Crack in tank part 2

TeeJay

On 9/21/2022 at 6:46 PM, AllFishNoBrakes said:

I have a 55 gallon that I bought used, and use it as a grow out tank that has something similar. I was worried at first, but it’s held strong for like 2 years at this point. I would say monitor it, but don’t panic. The silicone seal looks good from what I can tell in the pictures. 

874EB820-3016-46E4-A1D1-8E01FF084D77.jpeg

8CAD2603-2A25-4C16-B61B-53B4345E7FD8.jpeg

Yes I mean it's only at most 30 days old the seals are perfect. It's on a 10 gallon and you have a so that does make me feel better about it.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2022 at 6:35 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

2 things I don’t mess with. Cracked tanks and heaters I suspect are defective.

But that looks like a chip, not a crack. And in your last pic you can see it’s not all the way through the glass. I think you’ll be ok. And the one that @AllFishNoBrakes has looks a lot worse than yours.

For sure. Mine is definitely a chip out of the glass. Not a crack. Haven’t had a single issue with mine though!

• Thanks 1

I have a 55 like that. I have had for about 10 years and no problems. I put new beads down a few years ago. I’m not sure it really needed it. I more want to see how the black silicone looked in a tank. I was going to have a custom tank built and had the black or clear choice. Anyway I have never e had any problems. I do keep the chip in the back of the tank so I don’t hit the chipped area. I know that if your tank is paint in the back you can’t change it. I would not worry much.

• Thanks 1