Mystery snail eggs hatched!!!

smm333

My snails hatched last night. They are in the Tupperware I had the eggs in. I filled it with tank water and placed the tupperware in a 3 gallon tank because it may tip in the larger tank. The tank has been cycling with just plants and  has heat and a tiny hob filter. I plan to put them in the 3 gallon temporarily when they are a little bigger. I gave them20220904_095947.jpg.6eafabc73262b2103ca058f13a1fa120.jpg20220904_095042.jpg.910565c051f110c34b7ca47b653fcd47.jpg20220904_100014.jpg.24c76a657333c5c6e3589b5f1a35f83c.jpg a little Bacter AE last night and a piece of Snello just now.

Last night they were all lying at the bottom, but this morning most are holding onto the side. Some are still at the bottom and some floating at the top. I'm going to check them later to see if they're eating the snello. 

When should I change their water? Should I add Bacter AE after each water change? I don't want the water to make them ill, but I don't want them to be hungry because I hear that it's critical that they eat right away to up their chances of survival. 

Thanks everyone for your help so far! This is so exciting for me! Not a lot of people get it, lol! I'm glad I have a place where my excitement over baby snails is shared! 🥰

• Like 1
  • Love 2

This is my first experience, so I am learning as I go. According to YouTube videos speed of growth varies. They also warned that many don't survive which is rough on a wimp like me, lol. There are A LOT right now though, so I should be able to raise a good number if all goes well!

• Like 1

Congrats! How exciting!

Breeder boxes have slits on the sides to allow fresh water to constantly circulate through. I wonder if you could somehow mod your Tupperware to ensure water is flowing in and out, so that the food doesn’t foul the water in their little habitat?

On 9/4/2022 at 7:37 PM, Katherine said:

Oh, this is great! I've got a journal in my signature about my hatch of mysteries, and @Chick-In-Of-TheSea has a much more in depth one of theirs. Lots of info about feeding and cleaning in theirs.

And now @TeeJaydoes too!

Edited by Chick-In-Of-TheSea

On 9/4/2022 at 4:45 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Congrats! How exciting!

Breeder boxes have slits on the sides to allow fresh water to constantly circulate through. I wonder if you could somehow mod your Tupperware to ensure water is flowing in and out, so that the food doesn’t foul the water in their little habitat?

And now @TeeJaydoes too!

I have a mesh breeder box. Do you think that would work?