50% off fish tanks at Petco!

Chick-In-Of-TheSea

I went through 5  10g tanks before getting one the glass to glass seals didn’t have bubbles or large gaps.  In this process I realized the 10g I bought a month ago also doesn’t have perfect seal there…  I guess I know why these tanks are so cheap now lol. 

• Like 1

On 3/5/2023 at 11:09 AM, Furbs said:

I went through 5  10g tanks before getting one the glass to glass seals didn’t have bubbles or large gaps.  In this process I realized the 10g I bought a month ago also doesn’t have perfect seal there…  I guess I know why these tanks are so cheap now lol. 

yea for a 5 or 10 i don't think it is that big of an issue; but i did have an aqueon 29 that sprung a leak in the bottom seal behind the plastic frame; that was annoying. Of course the issue wasn't really visible when i purchase it - i will say that in general the last 5 years or so i've been less than impress with aqueon silicon job; not only sloppy but frequently it seems to have a lot of gaps. I only have one marine land (120) and it seems to be a much better job but i don't know if that is because it is a 120 or because it is a marine land.

• Like 1