Betta fin rot help

FyaNyan

Hello. My betta has deteriorating fins and red patches near the base of its fins. I noticed the red patches quite a while ago. At that time I began giving kanaplex, but then life happened and I went through a severe depression where I wasn’t able to function or take care of my betta well. I feel quite bad about it. I have a few tanks. The fish in the bigger tanks (angelfish, BN plecos, goldfish) are all doing fine because they have lots of plants, filters, heaters, and are cycled. Ollie’s tank is small—about two gallons. It has a plant in it and a hiding space, but no filter. I think his ailment stemmed from not doing enough water changes and unplugging the heater (and forgetting to turn it back on).

WHAT I’M PLANNING TO DO: Get the heat back to where it needs to be. Do water changes every day.

Any suggestions on how to treat the fin rot? I can post a picture tomorrow if need be. I’m sorry fishy…I’ve failed you. 😔

for mild fin rot I treat with Aquarium salt 1 table for 2 gallons and Indian almond leaves for more advanced  fin rot I would do a course of kanaplex in food feeding a small amount twice a day and add some Indian almond leaves as they have antibacterial and antifungal properties depending on the quality of the leaves you might have to add one leaf per gallon 

IMG_20220714_201326.jpg