Once again... Used Equipment Questions!

wes.crockett

image.jpeg.b748ed4ea775ad1cd11a5f751c11c783.jpeg

Found this deal, locally, and am thinking about snagging it.

My questions are:

1. For $150, seems like a killer deal since the stand looks to be in great condition... Am I missing something?
  2. Any ideas what filters those are? Are they worth keeping or should I just replace them with a canister?
  3. One of two stocking ideas:
    1. African Cichlid (seem to be robust and on the easier side in terms of care... also very beautiful at distance)
    2. Pea Puffer colony tank (much more work and less interesting from far away, but super cute and enjoyable up close)

I wouldn't use any of the décor and, most likely, none of the gravel from this. The LED isn't fitted to the width of the tank and that annoys me so I would likely replace it too...

Based on an email to the seller $150 for:

• 55gal tank
  • stand
  • 2 HOB filters
  • Air Pump
  • LED
  • Gravel
  • Décor
  • more?

00f0f_bAJEcEi102qz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

00o0o_1ugRznYhv03z_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

01515_hYqU2nLRGcNz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

On 8/24/2022 at 7:47 AM, lefty o said:

tank holds water, so if you like the stand, its probably worth 150. filters are fine, and as for the light, you can always upgrade. the tank, stand, and lids are probably worth the 150 in most places.

For sure... yeah, the stands are really the thing that makes it a great deal. It looks like a TV stand, not really a tank-specific stand, but it should be OK. Usually they are in fairly bad condition.

Any idea what filters those are?

Edited by wes.crockett

On 8/24/2022 at 9:08 AM, Flumpweesel said:

Seems like a good amount of stuff for the money hope it's that clean when you get there.

Agreed.  A lot of actual hobbyists want to give good deals to fellow hobbyists when they are in a situation where they have to get rid of stuff.  we all know used equipment, especially glass tanks aren't worth what we paid for!

On 8/24/2022 at 10:47 AM, redfish said:

New 55 gal were $75 couple weeks ago and go on sale occasionally.

1000%

• Like 1