Is this dropsy or something else?

GisheryGoodness

Everything was going so well with my tanks, or so I thought. I admittedly have not been watching the 55 gallon as closely this last week, I usually do a daily inspection because I'm paranoid but I've been incredibly busy and have just done the cursory water change and testing which was normal. My dad feeds them because it's in his room. Well tonight I noticed one of the Serpae tetras was very sick. I asked how long it had looked like that and my dad apparently hasn't even noticed a difference. I immediately moved him to the quarantine tank and tested parameters. All are normal, will post below, and no other fish looks abnormal, at least I don't think so. My tired brain is worried I missed something. 

Symptoms 

Very pale in color, seems almost like a white film coating him maybe?

Swims normally and still rather quick, took quite a bit to catch him. 

But not staying with the group which is abnormal, they tend to swim together. 

Very bloated, I didn't really see pineconing but idk. 

Tank parameters 

Ammonia - 0

NitrItes - 0

NitAte - 10

Ph 7.8

GH - 6

KH - 6

Temp - 79

Stocking 

6 Serpae tetra 

6 Black Skirt Tetras 

4 Julii Teras

1 Blue Eye Lemon BN pleco

2 Platys (I know this is low to keep together but they were moved from another tank because they were bullies and seem to be thriving in this tank)

This is the best picture I could get. I've got to try and get some rest before work but will try to get a better pic tomorrow. Other pic is same lil guy one month ago. 

Screenshot_20220813-230227_Gallery.jpg

20220714_165142~2.jpg

I don't think any of the scales are uprising at least it didn't look like it I can get a better look at him from above this afternoon after work. I feel do bad for not checking daily like I do the other tanks in my room. I just assumed my dad would say something but apparently he doesn't pay any attention. I have no idea when symptoms developed. I wanna say I would have noticed during the water change Tuesday but I did a small one and idk maybe missed it. Definitely didn't look this bad though. I'm worried about the rest of the fish

What I would do is Epsom salt baths 1 table for 2 gallons for no more than 15 minutes for a couple of days as Epsom salt acts as a muscle relaxant and will help to reduce any possible fluid buildup  and do a course  of kanaplex in food to treat any possible  bacteria infection 

IMG_20220714_201326.jpg

Edited by Colu
For got to add medicated food recipe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/17/2022 at 9:54 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

@GisheryGoodnessI'm very sorry for your loss. What is you feeding regime?

My dad feeds them. He was feeding twice a day, I told him let's try just once a day in case it was over feeding. He feeds the Tetra flakes and fluval bug bites for the Corys and pleco. He's supposed to be switching up and feeding some bloodworms for variety but hasn't been. I also have daphnia, community pellets, spirulina and freeze dried brine shrimp if any of that would be better. 

• Like 1

On 8/17/2022 at 6:41 PM, GisheryGoodness said:

Fishy passed away in Monday. Still not entirely sure what happened. Not seeing anything on the other fish but am watching closely and testing daily. Hoping it's just some one off thing but I'm not sure. 

I’m very sorry for your loss, My fish died today 😔 from what it seemed like Dropsy but I’m not sure because he wasn’t pineconed. He was very bloated though and he barely swam. 

Edited by Tropicalfishkeeping201