Limiting external algae sources

So while picking a location for my 75g tank I quickly realized that my only true option is the one pictured...

The biggest issue with this is the sheer volume of natural light that both of these windows get. Blocking or otherwise restricting the light coming through these windows is not an option. 

I intend to black out the BACK glass already, but didn't want to black out the sides. I feel like this would make the tank feel too "dark" if this makes any sense. It is already going to be a blackwater tank. 

Do I have any other options? How bad would algae be with this sunlight? The window to the left gets morning sun and the right gets sun the rest of the day. 

Thanks

Snapchat-1800115244.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/12/2022 at 3:08 PM, lefty o said:

definately some good curtains, plants etc. that direct sunlight is going to be an algae growing machine.

Yes.  I'm fighting algae in a 5 Gal that gets early morning sunlight 12-15 feet away from the window and it's hard to beat it.  I'm going to have to move the tank out of the sunlight.

I've taken advice from this thread and sourced some majesty palms and some static cling film... 

The film should limit the sunlight while the plants hopefully reduce the sun hitting the film and thus reducing external heat sources. 

Link to the film I used. It has a matte texture and seems to be a lot thicker than traditional tint and so there is 0 effect of light shining through. I'm very happy with the stuff. 

IMG20220816191018.jpg

• Like 3

I have some tanks in a well lit living room. I guess I’m the exception to the rule but I don’t get much more algae in these tanks than I do in my tanks located in the basement.  When I set up the larger cube in the pic I was sure that the algae situation would be out of control but after the initial diatom stage I’ve had good luck. 
C0E0656D-30A6-457B-B3E7-F85AE78B03B4.jpeg.41bca5f8b81922ef447ebbcf93e559d6.jpeg

• Like 1