Wrong fish wanted danios and got three types of fosh

JessLynne7

I picked up from peral danios and zebra danios and had not one but two surprises.

there is a sucker fish in the danio tank had garrarufas In there so I guess I got one of those.

called back and they confirmed that is what shared a tank with the zebra danios.

also pearl danios. Not celestial plain pearls.

one looks like a danios and other two look like dwarf rainbow fish but they swear they are danios

I can’t get good pics bc they are in plastic quarantine tub

help

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by JessLynne7

On 8/10/2022 at 9:08 PM, JessLynne7 said:

I picked up from peral danios and zebra danios and had not one but two surprises.

there is a sucker fish in the danio tank had garrarufas In there so I guess I got one of those.

called back and they confirmed that is what shared a tank with the zebra danios.

also pearl danios. Not celestial plain pearls.

one looks like a danios and other two look like dwarf rainbow fish but they swear they are danios

I can’t get good pics bc they are in plastic quarantine tub

help

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Should I return the garage?

On 8/10/2022 at 9:55 PM, Colu said:

Looks like a dwarf neon rainbow fish to me in the first picture 

Me too! I guess that is a bonus except one has a blind eye.

but he has a good eye so…

do you know anything about these garrarufas? Pedicure or doctor fish? 
they said I could bring him back.

I’ve been reading it seems like an ok fish. Clean up crew type of fish.

I did end up with three danios. One regular pearl and two zebra. I wanted six three of each kind.

what a fiasco lol

On 8/10/2022 at 10:30 PM, Flumpweesel said:

Wow that shop did a terrible job of fishing for you.

I like garras they are a great cool water algae eater, it will be happier with friends though and they get to be about 3 to 4 inches so depends on your tank really

Smaller shops two of them side by side. The mom and pop shop had pearl danios regular ones and had those rainbow fish in there with it keeps saying the are small danios not full grown.

fin pattern is different so no way! I couldn’t tell at shop but when I got tj home and noticed the rainbows stuck together and got a good look the fin patterns are different. I started googling.it is a no heater tank that runs about 70-74 depending on the season. Ugh 

the other place was pet supplies plus. It was late and their light system was out.

I called and asked what was with the danios

they at least said sorry and I could return the fish.these fish were for a 20 long. I have a pair of flag fish in there and the danios are for the 20 long with flag fish. My other female paradise was being picked on bc my male paired off with another female. There was a lot of aggression with the paradise and female flag fish. I temporarily divided the tank and got the danios to try and distract dither and help. 
I may just have to get my female paradise fish her own tank

I do have a 40 gallon breeder. It’s got a BN pleco, five gold Barbs and a pair of paradise fish. Could he go in there?

Edited by JessLynne7

On 8/11/2022 at 4:53 AM, Flumpweesel said:

You'll probably be fine in the 20 for awhile at least, and you have somewhere to pop him if he does out grow the tank.

Cool thank you

the rainbow fish with one eye is a turd. Probably how he lost it by being an ass

• Haha 1