Betta food favorites?

Any Huit

Hi! I've been feeding my female bettas Hikari Betta Bio-Gold pellets, with Tetra freeze dried blood worms for occasional snacks. But I'm interested in giving my bettas more variety!

Can anyone please share what else you feed your betta? Shrimp, insects, daphnia?

Do you prefer freeze dried or frozen?

I want to continue feeding Hikari pellets as their main meal (it's also easier for my parents when I'm traveling overseas), but what brands do you recommend for betta food, and what retailers did you purchase them from? Overall, my bettas aren't picky eaters and they're big now, so I'm not worried they won't like it/the food is too big to eat. I just want to make sure it's a safe brand/retailer and would love to hear of any of the ones you've had good experiences with 🙂

Thanks for your patience & advice!

a questioning betta keeper

Also I read this post from Aquarium Co-op:

5 Best Betta Fish Foods You Need to Try | What to Feed Betta Fish – Aquarium Co-Op (aquariumcoop.com)

And watched a video from girltalksfish: 

• Like 1

Hikari and omega one pellets are the mainstays, with either omega one frozen brine shrimp or San Francisco bay frozen bloodworms once a week. Occasionally ill give them live baby brine or mosquito larvae, but my female became rather picky after that, she'll eat the pellets and frozen food if she's hungry enough , but live food is the only thing she'll consistently eat now.

I feed a rotation of krill flake, live baby brine, frozen blood worms, nano pellets and the occasional betta pellet. 
He tried being picky, but that didn’t go well (he went hungry). I held my ground and now he will eat almost anything.

Mine is almost exclusively fed on bug bites (not the Betta specific ones) I rarely see Betta specific foods in LFS's these days.

Sometimes she gets hikari cichlid gold crushed or something else from the main tanks foods just to change things up a bit.

If I'm feeding live or frozen BBS then I drop a few in extra to the daily feed. Same goes with blood worm.

I also really like the Fluval bug bites. I alternate that with the Hikari pellets and also frozen bloodworms, daphnia, and brine shrimp.

besides raising your own brine shrimp, where do people get live foods? And which kinds?