Have you ever had dreams or nightmares about fish tanks?

• 2 months later...

I have a reoccurring dream where my fish escape the aquarium and end up swimming in the air all over my house while I try to collect them. And yes, they are alive,  undistressed, and capable of flying 😆 LOL. The dream ends up just being a very frustrated me attempting to catch fish on the beams in our kitchen with a butterfly net while I scold them for leaving the tank, "yet again".

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/10/2023 at 4:21 PM, Miranda Marie said:

I have a reoccurring dream where my fish escape the aquarium and end up swimming in the air all over my house while I try to collect them. And yes, they are alive,  undistressed, and capable of flying 😆 LOL. The dream ends up just being a very frustrated me attempting to catch fish on the beams in our kitchen with a butterfly net while I scold them for leaving the tank, "yet again".

Yes! I’ve had that dream and so has @Katherine! Weird huh!

On 3/10/2023 at 1:58 PM, Swamp Sunflower said:

I just searched for this topic because I had a fish nightmare last night. An arowana ate my betta!

I have never even had an arowana.

Were you over on that March Marimo madness thread? A picture of an Arowana was recently posted there.

On 3/10/2023 at 3:21 PM, Miranda Marie said:

Haha, yes. And every time I catch one 5 more escape, and when I turn around there's another tank that wasn't there before and those fish escape...

And for some reason it's always in the house I lived in from ages 9-17.

• Haha 2

On 3/10/2023 at 6:09 PM, Katherine said:

Haha, yes. And every time I catch one 5 more escape, and when I turn around there's another tank that wasn't there before and those fish escape...

And for some reason it's always in the house I lived in from ages 9-17.

I have mostly tetras but in the dream the fish flying through the air are bigger fish, like angelfish

On 3/10/2023 at 3:18 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Yes! I’ve had that dream and so has @Katherine! Weird huh!

On 3/10/2023 at 4:09 PM, Katherine said:

That's so weird and funny that we all have the same dream. 😆 

• Haha 1

On 3/10/2023 at 5:29 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

I have mostly tetras but in the dream the fish flying through the air are bigger fish, like angelfish

Mine are usually a mix of fish I actually have and angelfish, discus, and miniature sharks. And sometimes they start eating each other.

• Haha 1

Not about fish tanks but I dreamt that I was swimming with my fish in a pond and all of a sudden I was eaten by a huge arowana. My first thought was that I didn't add an arowana to the pond and then I woke up.

• Haha 4

New one last night. One specific fish, which I haven't seen in a few days and I think is probably dead (but I couldn't find a body the other day either - not saying much with the snails) was out of the tank swimming around in the air and my mom was trying to help me. We needed to get it to eat, so of course we put out a tray of raw chicken breasts. It would come and nibble at them. Then we decided it needed a drink so my mom put out a dish of tap water. It went into the dish and I freaked out because she hadn't dechlorinated it and it's gills had turned bright red. So we quickly added a drop of dechlorinator and added tank water to the dish.

That's all I remember.

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

Had a dream last night. Sort of a nightmare.  In the dream fishes were swimming in the air, at the very top of thw ceiling. And humans were walking below the "swimming" fishes. And everyonewas going about their business in a relatively peaceful manner. But in the dream, i can't stand up. I can only walk on my knees! It was so frustrating. I tried to stand up but something prevented me from standing up. And then some nasty and ugly looking fishes started appearing from nowhere! And those fishes were huge!!! All the other people started running. The normal looking fishes also started "swimming" away. I was left trying to escape but being on my knees, i didnt manage to go far and i was surrounded by those big hideous fishes. And i remembered closing my eyes wishing for those fishes to go away and don't hurt me. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

I had a dream last night that I had a huge (had to be 8 ft tall, 10 feet front to back, and 25 feet long) tank with like 8 inch thick acrylic walls in my living room. Of course the thing sprang a leak. My aunt was trying to help me figure out where it was coming from (the location seemed to keep changing) and find towels (there were none in the house, of course) and something to move the fish to (a 1/2 gallon thermos 🤣). At one point the water level seemed super low, so I was going to climb in to try to net the fish, but when I got up there the water was still really high. Overall a very strange dream.

• Haha 1

On 4/25/2023 at 9:13 AM, Katherine said:

I had a dream last night that I had a huge (had to be 8 ft tall, 10 feet front to back, and 25 feet long) tank with like 8 inch thick acrylic walls in my living room. Of course the thing sprang a leak. My aunt was trying to help me figure out where it was coming from (the location seemed to keep changing) and find towels (there were none in the house, of course) and something to move the fish to (a 1/2 gallon thermos 🤣). At one point the water level seemed super low, so I was going to climb in to try to net the fish, but when I got up there the water was still really high. Overall a very strange dream.

That's like a dream of opposites.  Big container, small container.  High water level, low water level.  LOL

On 4/25/2023 at 8:57 AM, ScandiDefense said:

In the dream fishes were swimming in the air

I don't know what it is about the fishes swimming in the air dreams. Several of us have had those.  Isn't that interesting?

• Haha 1

When i was a kid growing up in my grandma's home, i had a recurring dream of living in a big double storey house with walls made of glass! Fishes were living inside the walls and the only thing not made of glass were the wooden doors. The walls of all rooms were filled with beautiful fishes. Saltwater and freshwater fishes coexist together. And only one room had nasty and ugly looking fishes inside the wall.... LOL!

On 4/25/2023 at 9:58 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

That's like a dream of opposites.  Big container, small container.  High water level, low water level.  LOL

I don't know what it is about the fishes swimming in the air dreams. Several of us have had those.  Isn't that interesting?

Problem is the whole house is made of glass. The only solution is not to go near that room. And passersby can see what the inhabitants of the house are doing because it is a gigantic aquarium. Sort of. I had this dream recur numerous times while growing up. It finally stopped when i was in my teens. That was when i started having those flying fish dreams. Great whites, hammerheads would be hovering over my head. Swimming in the air. I think all these dreams was due to JAWS.... LOL

On 4/26/2023 at 8:29 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

It’s cool, we would just lock the door on that room.

• Like 1

I once had a dream that my husband’s favorite fish died. I remember that I was going downstairs to check on the fish tank just to see his yellow guppy on the gravel flipped upside down. The worst part was, we were saying at my family’s house that night so on the drive home I had a literal panic attack that his favorite fish died. I couldn’t recall if it was a dream or a memory so I ended up telling him that it died. We were in for a surprise when we got home just to see him swimming around happily. 🤣😅😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

LOL! He must have been worried sick during the drive home! 

On 4/27/2023 at 9:56 AM, iwanttostayanonymous 92074 said:

I once had a dream that my husband’s favorite fish died. I remember that I was going downstairs to check on the fish tank just to see his yellow guppy on the gravel flipped upside down. The worst part was, we were saying at my family’s house that night so on the drive home I had a literal panic attack that his favorite fish died. I couldn’t recall if it was a dream or a memory so I ended up telling him that it died. We were in for a surprise when we got home just to see him swimming around happily. 🤣😅😂

LOL! Great idea! Problem solved!

On 4/27/2023 at 9:39 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

We could use wallpaper!