Light height

I bought the Finnex from AC. I like it but it’s hard to get the light to get good spread. See pic. I think it’s bc it sits directly above the lid. I couldnt figure out how to use the brackets in the rimmed 20g long. Any ideas or thoughts?

B63AEA53-545C-4F53-BFE5-3511FF962E10.jpeg

Based on what I'm seeing you have 2 things working in your favor.  I can't tell if/how the light extends out, but I'm assuming the light rests on a surface.  I saw this method elsewhere and I think it's a pretty nice way to handle that situation.

image.png.0268955aadbeaa63d2cd414d62f99a4c.png

It just uses any flat material, paint it black if you'd like.  I would recommend 1/8" thick lexan or something equivalent as well as using 3M VHB tape.  There's a lot of different part numbers, so just make sure you're checking on which works best.  If you need any help please feel free to send me a DM.

The clamps shown were there just to hold the piece in place while it cured, but can be removed eventually.

image.png.0db5da1b61c0bae255888c5c353ee860.png

On 7/29/2022 at 9:25 PM, BAT said:

It may be that I haven’t installed the brackets correctly. Let me go back and try again. I will keep you all posted. Thank you!

Well, it seems the light is too long to clamp on the 20g long! Here it is w brackets

image.jpg

On 7/30/2022 at 2:58 PM, BAT said:

Well, it seems the light is too long to clamp on the 20g long! Here it is w brackets

Perfectly normal. I have a tank or two in my time with lights on an angle. Cover the front right corner to get those plants right there and then back left to get those plants. All good.

It'll work!

If you want to, try that mod above as well. The double sided tape and what not. You can always remove it after as well.