Betta fish health problems

sairving

Ph 8.2

Kh/gh both 300-350 ppm

Ammonia 0

Nitrites 0

Nitrates 10 ppm

Temp 78 degrees

My Betta seems to be having some health issues. He's been lethargic, sits on the lilly leaf near the surface or sinks to the bottom. My first thought was swim bladder. I've fasted him for the last few days and he spent some time in quarantine with aquarium salt.

It hasn't helped. My other suspicion is that he may have a tumor(towards his tail). Not sure on that one though.  

My plan is too pick up some fritz macaryn or api erythromycin today. Been dealing with stubborn cyanobacteria for the last few weeks. I've been doing extra water changes because of the cyano.  

Besides antibiotics, is there anything else I should try. The Pygmy Cory and snail are healthy. I just replaced my heater.

Sorry about the upside down picture.

1220809694_IMG_20220728_1101247322.jpg.88169875c0857e4f8056c5a98d0167eb.jpgIMG_20220728_110455672_HDR.jpg.951acf71672205ae2e2002c8dc9355a6.jpg

My best guess is that he's 1.5 maybe 2 years old. He wasn't full grown when I bought him.

His food isn't old. I just bought new food about a month or two ago. He gets bug bites, Ultra Fresh Betta Pro Shrimp patties, nls, frozen bloodworms, and brine shrimp. I rotate through and fast on Sunday. 

Try some pure almond leaf extract a teaspoon every five gallons every water change! It really helped my betta! Also daphnia helped and real almond leafs was put in as well. But this will all lower your ph to 7 most likely unless you have a big aquarium and use a filter then it just filters through anyways so you will want to drop the extract in before you turn everything on so as he can sit in it for a moment! 
hope this helps

my ph is a 7 and my betta seems to do best at a 7 maybe the higher ph is causing him to be more prone to bacteria but the leaf extract is an antiseptic and will help with preventing it coming back! 
hope this helps! 

On 7/28/2022 at 6:52 PM, Betta said:

Try some pure almond leaf extract a teaspoon every five gallons every water change! It really helped my betta! Also daphnia helped and real almond leafs was put in as well. But this will all lower your ph to 7 most likely unless you have a big aquarium and use a filter then it just filters through anyways so you will want to drop the extract in before you turn everything on so as he can sit in it for a moment! 
hope this helps

my ph is a 7 and my betta seems to do best at a 7 maybe the higher ph is causing him to be more prone to bacteria but the leaf extract is an antiseptic and will help with preventing it coming back! 
hope this helps! 

I added a large Indian almond leaf yesterday. Indian almond leaves and mopani wood don't really drop my ph at all. In order to drop ph, I need to soften the water. That requires peat in the filter, distilled water, or buffer products from seachem. I've learned chasing ph is not worth. Making an extract from Indian almond leaves is a good idea though. I have pest snails that I try to keep under control. The leaves can't stay in the tank very long or I'll have too many snails.