Fritz Fishless fuel

Leo2o915

On 7/26/2022 at 7:16 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

Add water, add some food, add the filter, let it run for a few days.  Add substrate, hardscape, plants, etc. and let it run for a little bit.   Add your bacteria, add more food, let it run.

Time and patience.  NBD.

Congratulations on the new tank, very cool stuff.

Yeah that’s what I am doing I added some Plant will add more in a few days just want them to settle and then see how it looks then add more 

I usually try to have enough patience to let it run for 3-5 weeks.  On the last one I did, I dumped the bacteria in, ran it for a week.  It had already been running for a while, but that was just to give the filters some time.  I added hardscape, added media and all that.  I added 3-5 of the fish planned for the tank, then let it run, then added the rest. 

I was in a rush because I needed to move the fish, but it took me forever it seemed like.

• Like 1

The ones that are shelf stable and not refrigerated, I feel aren't quite reliable. The refrigerated ones like dr timms and turbo start, have a short shelf life. However they seem to genuinely work...if they are kept kept cool the whole time. Nothing will beat cycled media, but if you don't have any these products can be helpful.