Fluval Flex Pump Compartment Question

Stef

Any Fluval Flex tank owners out there who have encountered a water level drop in the pump compartment?  The heater is back there and is too exposed. This tank is the 9 gal version that I’ve had up for about 2 years and has about 20 2-month old molly fry and their mom.  Both upper and lower intakes are blocked with sponge (not coarse but not fine either) and one of the two outputs is also blocked with sponge. The intake compartment and the center sponge compartment have normal water levels. Is it all the blocked intakes?

FB2D3D29-0C64-497B-B959-2B159014CFD0.jpeg

On 7/23/2022 at 3:45 PM, Stef said:

Is it all the blocked intakes?

Pecktec said that he has the same issue and uses very small heaters as a result.  Once the waters gets to a certain level, it starts to drop the level.  I would also verify that the pump / impeller is clean and add some silicone grease if need be.

• Thanks 1

I have a Flex 9gal. When I first set it up, I put filter floss behind both intake grills and had the same results. Took it out and the water level returned to normal. At one point I just shoved a whole bunch of filter floss in that empty compartment and it didn't effect the water level (just an fyi)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1