Disinfecting Used Tanks

FLFishChik

So, I scored two 10 gallon tanks from Facebook Marketplace for a really good deal ($10 for both tanks plus filters and decor - though I wont be using the filters). I've filled them up to make sure there aren't any leaks and given them a good double scrub with a little Dawn dish soap...and rinsed, rinsed, rinsed... but can i disinfect them using white vinegar? I don't keep bleach in the house and don't really want to use it if I can use a safer alternative. If white vinegar will do the job, I'd much rather use that.

Sun is great it’s free uv light. I think you ok now. If there was not water in the tanks when got them and they had been far more and a week or so there would not be much change. I disinfect chicken incubators mouth wash is commonly  used and chicken disease seem more hardy than and virulent than and fish disease. Vinegar is a weak acid and bleach is a strong base. I think vinegar is ok but like I said I think have done enough. I’m 

• Thanks 1

On 7/19/2022 at 9:22 PM, lefty o said:

warm water, and vinegar is all i would do. 

Thanks. I don’t know what fish were kept in these tanks or if they were healthy and don’t want to risk spreading any diseases to any new fish I decide to put in them.