My ACO Plant Order Just Arrived! Do I Need To Quarantine?

I would QT them.  If you have the ability to do so, always do it.

You give yourself a chance of saving yourself a huge headache if you're trying to avoid something.  Plants need time to acclimate to your water and there's a few things typically recommended which might help!

Here's the first, adding a root tab to the plant pot while it QTs and acclimates.

Here's the video on how to dip the plants and QT them.

I personally do a close inspection and then plant them. I’m concerned in my Q set-up that they wouldn’t survive. So I get them in substrate with root tabs, easy green, & timed plant lighting as soon as possible. 
if you’ve got the appropriate set up to Q, then it’s not going to hurt but if you don’t have the right set-up (such as my Q set-up doesn’t have an appropriate type light or lighting schedule for plants, I actually keep it dim to help the new fish de-stress) you could do more damage than good. 

I never quarantine plants they are normally kept without fish in stores so risks are minimal.

I would welcome snails. I did however decide against buying plants at an LFS recently as they had duckweed in the plant tank and that just seemed like transfer would be inevitable.

On 7/17/2022 at 9:04 AM, Gwallace said:

I just give them a "look over" and plant them.  If they are potted I remove the pot, gently open the rock wool and insert a root tab.  Then I plant them wool and all.

I didn’t know you could plant wool and all!

• Like 1